[nabs-l] Chemistry for the Blind

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 00:44:00 UTC 2015

Evening, Becca,

I tend to agree with other students who confirm
that, knowing in chemistry is centered around
methodology, not the actual compounds you
create.. I also like the idea of getting a
sighted lab partner who might supply empirical
observation not readily experienced by means of technology. Carly
\
On Mar 19, 2015, at 5:53 PM, Rebecca Weber via
nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote: > > > > Sent
from my iPhone > >> On Mar 19, 2015, at 5:42 PM,
Rebecca Weber <weberrebecca232 at gmail.com>
wrote: >> >> Hello NABS. >> This is my first
email on this list. Let me say that it’s
awesome to find a list that is designed for blind
students. We are raising expetations everyday. >>
My name is Becca Weber and I attend Archbishop
John Carroll High School in Pennsylvania. I have
had a lot of frustrations here, particularly with
my team. I feel that they focus too much on
vision. So, that’s why I’m reaching out to
you. I am wanting to take chemistry next year,
but this has been shut down because of safety
reasons. I would like to point out that I have, I
believe, 20-500 vision. I think, so this may be
different. I have cooked by myself with no help
at all sometimes. I am wondering how a blind
student could take chemistry? >> I have some
iddeas >> -bottles of chemicals could be labeled
in braille >> -measuring chemicals with a
caring >> -Having a partner to describe the
chemicals to me, but I can see color >> -using a
device called a math quest I think. >> Anything
else please email me. >> Thank you so much for
your help. >> Have a nice day. >> Becca > >
get your account info for nabs-l: >
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/mikgephart%40icloud.com