[nabs-l] 5 Reasons...

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:26:07 UTC 2015

to the poster who said 'if you're blind, you obviously read Braille', I
think it's worth noting, and I'm sure you're not the only one who would be
surprised to know, that if you're blind, chances are you don't read
braille.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29882719/ns/us_news-life/t/fewer-blind-americans-learning-use-braille/#.VQxit46NiSo
This in itself is a big problem. Of course, I'm not totally sure all the
ways that may affect guide dog use, but if braille signage, when available
and accurate, is not very useful to someone, then it seems to me, having a
guide dog could help them find what the signage won't help them find. That
said, there's no substitute for Braille.

-Glenn Moore III
State Secretary,
(find our calendar at nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=158)
nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>   "Live the Life You Want"