[nabs-l] Techniques for Creating a Poster for Research Conference?

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:12:56 UTC 2015

This thread brought up another question after reading it through.
My university hosts an annual "Alternative Day of Learning" where
undergrad and graduate students present their research in lectures,
exhibits, and poster sessions.  I went to the poster sessions for the
first time this last semester and saw most people using those Z-fold
poster boards (the thick cardboard with the outer sides folded in
towards the middle when closed).  It sounds different from what you
all are discussing for professional presentations of posters, so I'm
wondering if that is acceptable to do or if using a traditional poster
with an easle would be the better option.  I could see this being the
case because the posters were just propped up on tables back-to-back
to maximize the space and eliminate the need for the university to
provide over 800 easles, but I ask because there is a chance I may be
working on a poster session in the relatively near future for some
research I'll be starting this summer.  I do know to check the
guidelines for the conference the poster will hopefully be presented
at to follow their regulations, but is using the Z-fold poster another
professional option?

Thanks,

Kaiti