[nabs-l] IEP meeting in senior year of high school

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Thu May 21 20:17:45 UTC 2015

	I do not believe it is necessarily the case, that one’s individual preparation factors into the final meeting. In my own instance, I had been working for, and with, the DS office at the local University since my first year of high school, and had only two options for college due to my grade-point average being below the minimum required grade point average. The two options were either the local community college, or the local university, and since I had just received a letter three weeks prior to my meeting that my denial was reversed per regulations dictating that SAT scores could gain one admittance, I was certainly going to select my University (I was lazy academically in high school, from my freshman to junior year, but not in my preparatory work, which all of my teachers, administrators, and others were aware of).
	This discussion has been extremely interesting. It seems many peoples experiences were similar to mine, but others were not. I am curious to know, if it is an arbitrary process of determining what goes into the last meeting, or if there is a set criterion. In either case, what seems to be standard is a rapping up of loose ends. Which, of course, ought to be done for consistency sakes, anyways.