[nabs-l] disclosing blindness

Bre Brown bre.brown24 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:40:12 UTC 2015

	Greetings everyone,

I understand that this is a good discussion topic, however, we need to be mindful of everyone's opinion. Yes, it is important, but there is no right or wrong of rather or not you choose to disclose your blindness. No one here has said that they are ashamed of their blindness, for which I am not either. However, blindness doesn't necessarily have to be the center of everything. If you feel like it is beneficial to disclose it, then go for it. If you don't think it is beneficial, then don't worry about it. Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion, so let's please not bash others for what they do or don't believe. With that being said, it is okay to ask for advice on topics like these. That is how we all learn about what others do.

Thank you
Bre Brown
Second vice president, National Association of Blind Students