[nabs-l] Creating Powerpoints

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 04:51:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a few other helpful tips to consider that make creating
powerpoints a little easier.  In the later versions of powerpoint
there are a ton of easily accessible themes to choose from in the
layout tab.  These themes will apply nice color to your title page and
subsequent slides so you don't have to worry about making them look
nice and professional for your presentation.  Depending on how much
vision you have you might be able to see them, or you can have a
sighted person describe them to you and pick out a few favorite ones
to cycle between when creating powerpoints for different purposes.
For some reason a lot of Jaws users I've met seem to forget that
spellcheck works in powerpoint like it does in word, and can be
accessed with the F7 key.  F5 will be a shortcut to play your
slideshow, and Jaws may also read each slide to you in presentation
mode.  I believe (without opening the program to check so pardon me if
I'm wrong) that space or down arrow will cycle through the slides, and
up arrow would go back.  Pressing escape twice will get you first out
of presentation mode and then back to your edit view for the slides.

For graphics and animations, I too would recommend having someone else
look over your slide and assist with those.  Transitions not so much
because usually Jaws does a decent job of describing the action the
transition takes, but with placing pictures and other animations you
would probably at least want someone to check over your work before
you present.

Hope this helps,