[nabs-l] College issue, please help!

Mariya Vasileva mkvnfb94 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:18:04 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 2, 2015, at 13:34, Kayla James via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> I am taking an Accounting course at my community college in Illinois.
> I am having a similar issure but with a different program altogether.
> Have you gone to technical support? If you have and it still doesn't
> work out, maybe you and your professor can sit down and discuss
> different alternatives to do your work until you can find another
> program that can help.
>
>> On 9/2/15, Mariya Vasileva via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>> Hi, I started college at Normandale Community College in Bloomington,
>> Minnesota last week. I am taking a pre-college course in math in order to
>> refresh my my high level math skills. This course uses a new website that
>> may sound familiar to you, Aleks spelled ALEKS, not Alex like the name. It
>> is accessible as far as navigation, but with there new interface, doing the
>> problems is cumbersome because while the buttons are labeled, the access to
>> there content is impossible with NVDA, VoiceOver, or JAWS. Meaning, when it
>> comes to actually activating the button and putting in a fraction or some
>> thing of that natre, for example, is cumbersome. I and the Normandale staff
>> have told these people these issues, and they did put me on the older
>> interface that was supposedly more accessible, which, it is as far as
>> equations, but when it comes to intering fractions or sqare roots, for
>> example, using the buttons for them, or entering the answers in to the box
>> indicated, is impossible, still. Not to mention, when it comes to graphs or
>> number lines, I have to have some one work with me on those particular
>> problems because those areas are definitely accessible. Do you guys have any
>> other alternatives to doing math with a website like the one mentioned above
>> that is a lot more accessible than this one, that you have used to do math
>> in college successfully? That would be greatly appreciated.
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/christgirl813%40gmail.com

Hi, we already did that. And I was thinking of using Khaun Academy for a little bit, and a couple of APH supplies, but, I feel like I need to use a more web approach because the website to do the math is a different environment and I want to learn the new environment and do it on an equal level. That's the issue. Is there any other source that is more reliable  in this kind of situation?