[nabs-l] Comic Books for the Blind and the Visually Impaired

Comics Empower comicsempower at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:06:17 UTC 2015

Hi Amanda.

The comics are in audio, done in a way that makes you feel like you're
reading a comic book, and with descriptions that don't stop the story.

So far it works. We had blind fan who talked to his sighted friend about
the same comic book, and the friend told him "You know this comic book a
little too well." Others used to be comics fans, lost their sight, and you
can see their excitement as they're finally able to enjoy comics again.

And for those who have never seen a comic book, we also have The First
Timer's Ultimate Comics Guide. It basically describes the comic book
experience through every aspect: the stores, the touch, what it looks like,
the terminology, and more. And then it shows you how we translated each of
those giving you your own comic book experience. The Guide is downloadable
for free at the homepage: http://comicsempower.com/

You will be able to find some of our comics in Braille through Seeing Ear
pretty soon.

Are you into comics yourself, Amanda?

Guy