[nabs-l] Joining local chapters

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 21 14:44:38 UTC 2015

Kaiti,

I think your concerns are valid and it’s a challenge to  balance all
commitments.
I think its unfortunate that some chapters are pushy. Some chapters and some
presidents take an all or nothing approach.
This turns people away from joining, or if they join and take leadership
roles, they get burned out later on.
I think its unreasonable for someone to expect you to drop other life
commitments to volunteer to do chapter work.

I think I'd stick with the more open chapter that allows you to come
when you can. As for the other chapter, I'd just stay firm in your position.
State that while you like the NFB and support it, you have homework to
complete and other extra curricular obligations and your schedule does not
permit you to join at this time.

I hope things work out for you!

Ashley