[nabs-l] Bookshare question

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:59:55 UTC 2015

If you want to access the book as text for a screen reader to use, you’ll need to select the daisy option. You can open these daisy books to be read out loud in a daisy reader or you can open them in a web browser and have your screen reader do the work. I prefer the second for the kind of work you are wanting to do. After you unzip the book, go into the folder and find the file with the .xml extension. It should open automatically in your default web browser.

Another option is to hit the “Read now” button and you can access the text through the bookstore website.

Best,
Greg