[nabs-l] blackboard access

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 06:41:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Some of you in one of the recent threads stated that blackboard is accessible.

Here is my experience.
I strongly disagree that it is accessible. I use jaws 16 and windows 7.
The send email feature is not accessible as you cannot select group members with the keyboard.
I  have had problems using the discussion board. In the past, I was able to create messages and reply to them.
I used to be able to click on create thread to make a new message.

Also, downloading files is harder, but not impossible. In the past, I could click on the links to download the files and then a dialogue box appeared and I simply tabbed to save file. But not anymore. I have to use the notification toolbar and tab to save as.

Oh, and there is something called blackboard collaborate and I’m not sure if that is accessible.
I need to do online work with my group for a project and assignments, so I hope blackboard has a way to do immediate communication via something like instant message or talking; I mean actually talking like during a skype call.
So far the group used the discussion board and I emailed my thoughts although I had sighted help with that.
I can read the discussions but not create threads.

Has anyone had these problems, or if not, how can you use the discussion board?

Ashley