[nabs-l] Microaggression and unconscious biases towards blind people and people with disabilities

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 21:14:12 UTC 2016

I've recently noticed more people continue to talk as I am attempting to
finish asking a question or complete an explanation. If you've ever met me
in person, you know I tend to be soft-spoken, and for a time I thought well,
hell, maybe it's me, not you. LOL But no, even when I begin to raise my
voice and know beyond any doubt they can understand the words coming out of
my mouth, they still do it as if I am the stupid blind guy who can't
possibly be trusted to make any coherent sense. I'm generally slow to kindle
but admit such behavior tests my patience.

Good discussion,

Joe

--
Musings of a Work in Progress: