[nabs-l] Disability office policies

annajee82 at gmail.com annajee82 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:59:25 UTC 2016

Hey I have a question about something that happened at school.
I missed a couple classes and my professor apparently emailed the coordinator lady at the disability office.  I don't know what her email said other than that i had missed some classes.  So my coordinator emailed me and asked me if everything was ok cuz my professor said i had missed some classes.
My question is, is it any business of my DRS coordinator that i missed classes?
What is the policy on bypassing the student and going to the DRS coordinator to say I've missed classes?  Why would my professor do that?  She never spoke to me about it.  If she is concerned, why is she not talking to me about it, and what right does she have to talk to the DRS coordinator about it.  It has nothing to do with my disability or accomodations or anything?  Does someone have a better understanding of the role of DRS?  My understanding was that the role of DRS is to accomodate me as related to my blindness and to help me (if i ask for help) in working things out with professors in relation to accommodations. Nothing else.
Someone please clarify.

Anna E Givens