[nabs-l] Disability office policies

annajee82 at gmail.com annajee82 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:54:26 UTC 2016

Agreed.
This actually kind of brings up a whole other issue that I have thought about in the past few months.
I have come to the realization that college faculty have no training what so ever in dealing with students with disabilities.  I am wonderig if anyone or any group has ever made a collective effort to inform or educate faculty on basic topics such as, how to speak to students with disabilities, how to teach students with disabilities, how to address suspected disabilities, how/when or when not to interact with DRS on behalf of a student, or other similar issues.  It occurs to me that it would serve the entire University well if the DRS office had some kind of seminar to inform faculty on some basic things that every faculty should know.  And if the DRS for some unknown reason doesn't do this (which they don't), how can we help with this job of educating faculty of the basics?  Or who can?  Has anyone thought about this before, or done this?
Thoughts?

Anna E Givens