[nabs-l] college parties

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:41:04 UTC 2016


Hi Zach and all. I don't think there is any harm in checking out the
party. In fact, it's probably best to go at the beginning of the
school year before you get busy with classes and work. You can always
decline invitations in the future if it's not your thing. I would also
suggest having your own ride home like an Uber if you decide to leave
before your suitemates do. You can always leave if you want to for any
reason. However, I don't think you need to worry. Many students go to
parties and in the vast majority of cases, these parties are safe. I
only went to a few smaller parties in college but I never saw hard
drugs used or anything like that. Whether you choose to experiment
with drinking or not is up to you. If you are under 21 there are good
reasons not to drink so you don't get in legal trouble. It's really up
to you though, and you can always choose not to partake of any
activity that makes you feel uncomfortable. You can have fun just
talking to people or dancing. Have a good time!
Arielle

On 8/25/16, Joseph Hudson via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Erin, your point was well taken. But it sounds like Zack really wants to go
> what is the reason why I said the more the merrier.
> Joseph Hudson
> Email
> jhud7789 at gmail.com<mailto:jhud7789 at gmail.com>
> I device support
> Telephone
> 2543007667
> Skype
> joseph.hudson89 facebook
> https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404
> Twitter
> https://twitter.com/josephhudson89
> FaceTime/iMessage
> jhud7789 at yahoo.com<mailto:jhud7789 at yahoo.com>
>
> On Aug 25, 2016, at 3:56 PM, amazing tech via NABS-L
> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org<mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org>> wrote:
>
> Listers,
> Let me be clear in my last statement I said don't go. Zach, you are more
> than welcome to go if you want. Just have safety measures in place and don't
> let others peer pressure you into drinking or drugs or even unprotected sex.
> You may think that all college students are grown up enough to understand
> this fact even sighted ones however, peer pressure still happens and i think
> is still even more rapidly used in a college setting than a high school
> setting as kids are starting to become adults. Just my two cents again.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron Linson
> CEO Linson Productions.
> CEO Blind Faith Project
>
> On Aug 25, 2016, at 4:49 PM, Joseph Hudson via NABS-L
> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org<mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org>> wrote:
>
> Zach, was definitely love to text with you about this. Because yes other
> things can happen cause in some instances, drinking can lead to other
> things. Don't want to say anything that would make anybody uncomfortable. So
> if you wish to talk so freak to give a call or let start shooting text
> messages back and forth.
> Joseph Hudson
> Email
> jhud7789 at gmail.com<mailto:jhud7789 at gmail.com><mailto:jhud7789 at gmail.com>
> I device support
> Telephone
> 2543007667
> Skype
> joseph.hudson89 facebook
> https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404
> Twitter
> https://twitter.com/josephhudson89
> FaceTime/iMessage
> jhud7789 at yahoo.com<mailto:jhud7789 at yahoo.com><mailto:jhud7789 at yahoo.com>
>
> On Aug 25, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Zachary N. Griego-Dreicer via NABS-L
> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org<mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org><mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org>>
> wrote:
>
> Thank you Amy, this is good information to be reminded of. Perhaps under the
> right circumstances I will try it out. Does anything more than drinking and
> dancing happen at these events?
> Sent from my Macbook Pro 13
>
> On Aug 25, 2016, at 09:15, Mason, Amy via NABS-L
> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org<mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org><mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org>>
> wrote:
>
> Do you think you would enjoy this kind of party? If you do, then it's all
> right to plan to attend, but you should figure out safety strategies, and
> escape plans.
>
> 1. Only handle your own drink, and only let people you really *know* you can
> trust give you anything that's been opened.
> 2.Be sure you have a plan for leaving if you get uncomfortable that you can
> carry out independently. This can be a friend you can call who Is not
> attending the party, knowledge of walking or public transit options for
> getting home under your own steam, or a service like Uber, Lyft, or a taxi.
> 3. Remember all things in moderation. Socializing in any form has to balance
> with academics, self-care, and any employment obligations. Don't be afraid
> to try things that catch your attention, but don't let the balances fall too
> far to one side either.  Whether it is academics or social. To focus solely
> on academics is going to leave you missing a lot of learning opportunities
> that don't come in the classroom.
>
> Good luck, and enjoy your college career
>
> Amy Mason
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 25, 2016, at 8:12 AM, roanna bacchus via NABS-L
> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org<mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org><mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org><mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org>>
> wrote:
>
> Many people go to college for different reasons.  For me it is all about the
> academics and social life comes afterward. Yes I think you should politely
> decline this invitation.  It would be helpful for your sweet mates to have
> contact information for your host family.
>
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org<mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org><mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org><mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/amason%40nfb.org
>
> Disclaimer
>
> The information contained in this communication from the sender is
> confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
> authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
> relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
> be unlawful.
>
> This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
> automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a
> Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for
> your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
> compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/zdreicer%40gmail.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org<mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org><mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/jhud7789%40outlook.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org<mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/blindgeek1989%40gmail.com
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org<mailto:NABS-L at nfbnet.org>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/jhud7789%40outlook.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> NABS-L mailing list
> NABS-L at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> NABS-L:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/arielle71%40gmail.com
>



More information about the NABS-L mailing list