[nabs-l] struggling with Math

Kristen Steele kskristen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:58:26 UTC 2016

Hi, Kayla--

If you have any questions regarding Nemeth on the Apex, feel free to
ask me. I've used it successfully in several math courses, and I like
it because it eliminates the go-between errors of a sighted person
interlining your work before it is graded. After you enter Nemeth mode
with Backspace-N, there is a helpful symbolls directory by pressing
Backspace-3-5.

I would advocate with Disability Services for a Braille textbook to be
transcribed. It is so much more accurate to be able to read equations
in Braille. I've found that you can't depend on another student all
the time, even with notetakers. I personally earn better grades when I
read materials in Braille, and math adds the additional factor of new
symbols. If you are most comfortable this way, too, don't let
Disability Services decide your preferred method for you.

Just my experiences; hopes this helps some!
--
Kristen