[nabs-l] Citation Sites

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 29 17:25:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I don't if you guys realized this, but there's a cool feature "
Microsoft Word where you can either copy-paste or manually enter
the name of a web page,  as well as cite and source it.  If
you're using the ribbons, (either real or virtual,) you can
scroll down to citations and bibliographies (which, if you press
the left or right arrow keys, is located in the references tab),
then click on manage sources, then tab down to create new source.
There, you'll find all the text fields and selection lists that
you'll need to fill in to create your citation.  For example, it
will ask you if you want it to be the name of a website, book, or
any other kind of document from a variety of selections.  It will
also ask you if you want to do it in APA or MLA, the date,
author, publisher, name of URL, (or title if it's a book or other
document), etc.
I learned about this feature last year from my technology
instructor at the blindness training center that I went for my
gap year between high school and college.  My instructor felt
that it was really important for me to learn about this feature
in Word as it would strongly help and benefit me in college.

I hope you're all enjoying the start to your college semesters.

Thanks,

Sami