[nabs-l] The Next Few Years of My Life

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 09:24:27 UTC 2016

Feel it out; I went to college right after high school.  You don't have to
go to a training center after high school, or at all,  but if you need it,
or if you just really want the experience, you can.  I've also noticed that
people go after they graduate undergrad, and before they enter grad school.
If you feel you need it, then go.  But, if not, then go to college and carry
on with your career.  If you want to go, you'll need to justify that to your
vocational rehabilitation at your agency for the blind.  They will want to
know why their state program is not good enough.  Honestly, if you can go,
or you think it will really benefit you, do it, but only if you want to.
As far as college, decide what kind of environment you thrive in.
Do you like a large university with its many facilities, would you prefer a
smaller liberal arts college, is the community college your scene.  Would
you like to go to college in a big city, or a small town.  You can choose a
small college in a big city, or a large college in a small town.  Or a large
college in a big city.  I'm sure there are many things in between.  Decide
what skills you want to use to impact the world; that will help to choose
your college major.  Make sure you know your preferred accommodations which
helps determine whether your office for student disability is a good fit.
Decide what kind of on campus and off campus experience you want.  If you'd
like to talk off list, then e-mail me; I just kept everything basic, but
when you do this, you are going to get more detailed because your transition
experience is important and integral to your overall career.

Justin