[nabs-l] Braille Sense U2 vs BrailleNote Touch

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:08:57 UTC 2016

Hi to all.  I've done a lot of research on the different devices out
there for the blind.  I personally fell the bn-touch is the best of
the lot.  What other device than the touch is a full function tablet
able to go to the google play store and download different aps.  Also,
the word processor alone is what I think would be very useful for
anyone who is going back to college.  There are a lot of very nice
small tutorials on youtube that can give help in using the touch.  The
problem with the braille-sense u2, is that it is running windows
mobile, which is like 10 years out of date.  The touch will be able to
be updated very easily.  You could have the touch for years, and when
android is updated as long as that update would benefit accessibility
for us, the touch would get that update.  Human-ware works with google
whenever human-ware wants to make a major update to the touch, so
google can be sure the touch will stay compatible.  The touch is also
very fast at connecting to wifi networks.  This would be very useful
if you had to connect your touch to a secure campus network.  You
couldn't do this kind of connecting on the apex.  I'm currently saving
up money to purchase a 32 cell touch.  I've got close to $1000 saved
up already with more money coming available for my touch in the next
few months.  The touch would also be very helpful if someone had a
computer issue.