[nabs-l] Help needed braille writer sudden denial and other OVRissues

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 00:35:07 UTC 2016

Emma.  Learning braille is an essential part of college education.  If
you know braille, you can study for tests, exams etc much better,
because you can braille your own notes and reread them back which will
help you retain information much better.  If you are going to begin to
learn braille, you want to learn on a perkins brailler first.  A
brailler is much different then a braille display.  It is a little
different reading words you've typed on paper, then when you read the
pins of a braille display.  I couldn't gotten through my college math
if it hadn't been for using a brailler.  I talked my disability
services department into purchasing a perkins brailler for other blind
students to use.  I had to bring my own brailler from home before my
college bought a perkins brailler.  Good luck.  You won't regret
learning braille.  Just practice, practice, practice your braille, and
you will increase your speed.