[nabs-l] New here

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:45:29 UTC 2016

Hi Angela, Welcome to the list!
What classes are you taking right now through Hadley? And what
equipment are you hoping to get?
There are some Hadley classes in Braille and abacus usage that might
help you gain the skills to do math without a lot of technology.
Also, if you have a current case with VR, you can seta vocational goal
that includes getting a high school diploma and going to college as
steps toward your goal. If you document your desire to finish high
school and go to college as being necessary for employment, then VR
should provide you the equipment you need.
You may also be interested in getting blindness skills training either
in your home state or from one of our NFB training centers. We're all
happy to answer more specific questions on what this training could
give you.
Best, Arielle