[nabs-l] New here

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:05:46 UTC 2016

Hi Angela. One comment: The VR counselor shouldn't be the one making
your vocational goal, it needs to be your choice. The counselor can
help you brainstorm, but he or she shouldn't be trying to make that
decision for you. If your counselor set your vocational goal as a
homemaker and that's not actually what you want to do, you can contact
the director of the VR agency or at least find out who your
counselor's boss is, and get that goal changed. The whole purpose of
VR is to give you the resources you need to do what you want to do
professionally. Of course, if you actually want to be a homemaker
instead of getting a job outside the home, that's fine, but I got the
sense from your email that that might not be what you want to do.
Best, Arielle