[nabs-l] Buyer Beware

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 00:47:12 UTC 2016

Dear list,

On January 12 Jahmal Lovato posted to this list about a Braille Sense U2 he
was selling. The price we agreed on was reasonable. I provided payment, but
to make the long story short, the product was never shipped. I have taken
steps to correct his lapse in judgment. That's something I can control, but
I cannot control where he may attempt to sell the product again. I find it
rather sad that one of our fellow subscribers would do this to a peer and
disgusted that this forum would be used to run such a scam. My point is
simply this: Please be mindful of what you purchase on the web, especially
when purchasing from another individual. Use a credit card instead of a
debit card, and always conduct the transaction with clear written terms of
what you are expecting in exchange for your hard-earned money. I hope this
is of some help to anyone considering purchasing from this list,
BlindBargains or any of the various venues where expensive assistive
technology can be sold.

Regards,

Joe