[nabs-l] Schools For The Blind vs Public Schools

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 03:29:10 UTC 2016

I feel like as a public school student and you are blind, lots of
people are amazed by you and you may get a false sense of
entitlement.  Particularly in elementary school 'I'm sure a lot
of people can relate to th', you get paired with friends who are
there to help you at lunch and recess--as you get older this of
course doesn't happen, and it can be a shock to some people.
I can say now that as a student at LCB I am not "The Blind Kid",
and there are groups here, but friends choose each other based on
much more meaningful reasons.
Vejas