[nabs-l] learning ally's bad website

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 3 21:38:26 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I use the traditional pc to search and download books from learning ally; so I cannot speak to the mobile version and use of aps on phones.
But, I think the website is terrible for screen reader access. A few years back it was redesigned and has become so much more cluttered.
They have graphics of the books, too.

I have significant difficulty searching for books now. It used to be there was an advanced search with a form with well labeled fields. You could search by combos of things like title and autor or title and edition.
Now, I no longer see that advance option. To add to that, the first search page shows you ten results. I get to those easily by using H for heading and the titles are headings and links.
But, the pages to see further results are not labeled as links. I finally found them with the arrows, but its not obvious.
I think I might have to call them and they can search better and faster as they can see the screen.

Anyone know if they have Norton Anthology of American literature 8th edition for volumes A and B?
II saw Volume A so far, but gave up searching as its too much to look at. Someone sighted might be able to also scroll through the results and find it quicker as well.

I’m done venting now.
Learning ally now cares more about learning disabled than us.

Ashley