[nabs-l] problem with Bookshare on braillenote apex

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 19:21:28 UTC 2016

Carlos, we don't have access to your e-mail to write you off
list.  Downloading is really easy.  I've never worked with DAISY
because the files are so large, but as far as BRF, just click the
download button on the website and you'll be asked what directory
to put the file in.  Then after it's done downloading go into the
file manager and either use the unzip utility or go into browse
files.  Either way, go to where the zip file you've downloaded
is, and press enter on the file.  It will ask you some things
like what directory you want to unpack the file into and whether
you want to delete the zip file once it's unpacked.  Also, it
will ask you for a password, but bookshare files aren't password
protected, so just press enter.  Once you're done, you will have
a BRF file you can read.  Bookshare allows you to set the grade
of braille and display size you want to read on, so set these to
fit with the model Braillenote you're using.  I like to set files
to grade one because when I read them with speech it works better
because it doesn't have to deal with ambiguous contractions.