[nabs-l] Uber

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:32:51 UTC 2016

Just to add a little to the conversation. While some dog users have had a bad experience, I have only been denied twice and I have used the service at least 150 times. To me, this is a far better record than I had when using taxis. I also like Lyft as an alternative, if there are not many Oober drivers in my area.

I do not call ahead and let the driver know I have a guide dog because I feel like it just gives the driver an opportunity to discriminate against me without having to deal with me face to face. Indeed, one of the two times I was denied access, I mentioned to the driver over the phone that I had a service dog to help him in locating me and he cancelled the trip immediately after we hung up.

I often use the contact driver feature to let the driver know I am blind or where I will be waiting, etc.

Best of luck if you try this option.