[nabs-l] Reasonable Accommodations in the College Classroom under the Ada

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 18:25:53 UTC 2016

Dear Students,

I hope all of you are doing well.  I have a question for all of
you.  Last Thursday we received our first project in my
Principles of Advertising class.  The assignment is to put
pictures of things that represent us onto a word document and
upload it to our online course site.  Yesterday afternoon I
contacted my professor and explained that I would require sighted
assistance to complete this project.  She told me to submit a
list of my interests, hobbies, and experiences as opposed to the
visual images.  Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, what
other reasonable accommodations can be provided in a college
classrom? I'd love to hear your responses.