[nabs-l] question about paratransit in MA

Sam Nelson nelsonsam68 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:27:30 UTC 2016

Hey guys,

 Awesome that I'm getting my stuff sent to the list. It was acting so weird
last time. I think I had the wrong e-mail address.

 Anyway I have a  question specifically to Massachusetts  people about
paratransit called The Ride there.

 I lived in MA all my life. Moved to Chicago in 2012 and am thinking of
moving back to MA in a few years.

 I depend on the ride for all transportation except if someone drove me
someplace. Do not want to debate the merits of being able to use public
transportation over  paratransit. But anyway so currently my parents are
moving from Acton which didn't have the ride anway to some other town. Will
sell our house maybe in  may right now are just  hunting around. May live
with them should I move out there at least at first.

 There's this new crazy thing with the ride that happened right when they
left. They raised the regular fee to $3 from $2 which is ok. Actually that's
the fee in  IL. Anyway they have this thing where if you go beyond a certain
point in a particular area it's considered a "premium" trip and it goes up
to $5 each way! Looked it up online was totally confused.

 Just need someone to explain how this  translates to going between actual
towns so I can  give my parents an idea of what a good area would be so I
can access things I need to access like mental health care volunteer work
ETC  without having to pay that fee if possible?

 Is it like done by town? Like if I lived in Arlington/ brookline/ Cambridge
or whatever I could only travel in that town without the fee going up?

 Like I said any thoughts are good. If people want to reply privately as
this is a pretty specific question that's cool as well.

 Thanks.

 Sam

Check out my blog

 matterstosam.wordpress.com

Want Psychology today to add consumer review feature to their therapist
directory? Sign this  pitition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/447/835/607/ask-psychology-to-add-consumer-re
view-feature-to-therapist-directory/

I am evaluating the quality of mental healthcare across the US. Help me by
taking my survey!

https://samjess.wufoo.com/forms/m1ww2j1h0w1w045/

---