[nabs-l] A Struggling Blind Student Looking for Some Advice

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 00:59:27 UTC 2016

Hi,
This will probably be my last word on the subject, as you seem to be
rejecting everything that everyone is telling you. I understand that
whatever you're going through must be so difficult that this is probably
a defense mechanism of sorts, but there really has been some good advice
given on this thread.

If you don't want to use the default voice that comes with NVDA, you
don't have to. All Windows computers starting with Windows 2000 have
included built-in voices so that they can run Narrator. As I said, some
of the older ones aren't great either, but they might be easier for you
to understand than Espeak. My offer still stands; if you need help with
using NVDA, you can contact me off list and I will do my best to get you
up and running with the basics that you'll need in order to take this
test, and hopefully others, in the future.

The Blind Access team is proud to present podcasts covering the Windows and Android operating systems, as well as demonstrations of accessible games and software!
Why not check us out at:
http://www.blindaccess.org
Or like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Blindaccess