[nabs-l] Uber

STOMBERG, KENNEDY kestomberg at coe.edu
Sat Jan 30 21:18:15 UTC 2016

I've never used this service, but I used something similar called "Dyle A
Ride" in the small town where I grew up. They would park at the door if I
asked, but I never asked them to go into a building with me. Maybe they
would have done it. But the way I see it, if you're going into a new
building, you're probably going to incounter new people, whether it's at a
doctor's or a place where you're trying to get a job, or something else,
those people will see you being helped by the driver. Personally, I don't
like for this to be the first impression people have of me. If I screw up
trying to find something in a new building, then I get help or directions
from someone in the building.

That being said, I know that going into new buildings can provoke anxiety
for many people, so I totally understand why you might want to ask the
driver to help you. They probably won't do it, but hey, it's worth a try if
you feel that's what you need!