[nabs-l] A Struggling Blind Student Looking for Some Advice

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 07:59:00 UTC 2016

Hello to Elizabeth and all.  I have read this thread with great
interest.  First, let me say It is very unfortunate that you are
having all these problems taking one test.  Some of the suggestions I
read were one's I would have made myself.  I have taken different
tests with my instructors, and some with a scribe at the testing
center of our college.  It really depended upon what test it was, and
the time my instructor could have with me.  For example in my geometry
class, my professor gave me all the tests except the final exam.  She
would schedule what time she was available she could give me the exam.
Sometimes I had to go to the college in the evenings but that was the
only time my professor was available.  Are you allowed double time for
tests?  I know I was, it took me four hours to take my geometry test,
but I did pass the test.  Don't be afraid to ask for the help you
need.  If you don't ask, then you won't know what kind of help you can
get.  Chin up, and good luck.