[nabs-l] Some Thoughts on Recent On-List Discussion and a Friendly Reminder to All Listers

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:13:49 UTC 2016

Hello Chris,

I appreciate you posting this message to the email list. I do not wish to
make this situation worse, but I would like to point out that I am not a new
member to this organization. The comment you reference in this email comes
from my experience in not being able to receive the help and support from
this organization when I needed it. I find it very difficult to see other
people receive help and support from this organization to help them advocate
for things that go beyond the means of what they are able to handle on their
own when I have never really been able to receive this same help and support
to advocate for things that are beyond the means of what I am able to handle
on my own. I am sorry if this statement offends people, but it is the truth
of my experience in trying to be a part of this organization. I think part
of the reason why I overreacted to the responses I received was because it
seemed as though the initial responses I received offered solutions that
went beyond my specific situation and this only caused me to become more
overwhelmed by my situation. And I am sure this was not the intent of anyone
who responded to me, but I really felt as though I was being attacked by
most of the responses I received in response to my message. It seems to me
that I receive a lot of personal attacks from a number of different members
within this organization. I honestly do not understand why I am treated this
way, but the pattern of being treated this way by different members of the
NFB only leads me to believe that I am this no good person who will never
really amount to much of anything in life. But anyway, I am sorry for my
rambles that probably do not belong on this email list. I wish it was easier
for me to communicate effectively with other people, but it appears as
though there are some injuries that never really heal.

Elizabeth.