[nabs-l] Sharing a blog post regarding audio description of disability centered TV show

Sam Nelson nelsonsam68 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 01:29:48 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

 I hope you're doing well. This may be slightly off topic but likely
something some of you would be interested in.

 The accessibile digital media project is an advocacy group who's goal it is
to make all programs audio described. We're working very hard with those at
netflicks and apple, and many audio describers have been in contact with us
and we're making great strides.

 Our latist focus  is the  popular ABC family drama Switched at birth which
centers on the deaf community. Below is a post where I share my thoughts on
the show, and why I can't really watch it as of yet due to lack of audio
description. I won't repeat myself as I incourage people to view and comment
on the link as well as share.

 The best thing you can do is contact Tracy at Netflicks. The more people
that push for this the more likely they'll at least not be able to ignore
us. So many shows are audio described now with netflicks and itunes. It's
very hard to understand how an obviously  disability centered show is not
accessible to people of all disabilities. We believe this will eventually
happen. As the show is ending in 2017 it won't happen on TV, but in online
media platforms. Any support is so appreciated. Even if it's passing the
link along to interested others.

https://netflixproject.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/why-we-want-audio-descriptio
n-on-switched-at-birth/

Thank you.