[nabs-l] ways to lose weight

Danielle Montour danielle.montour1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:31:22 UTC 2016

Hi Kayla,
What Joe mentioned about endurance is absolutely spot on, As was his point regarding having 5 to 6 mini meals a day as opposed to three large ones.
As a young woman who routinely gets looked at by men followed by the exclamation, "Damn, she's thick!,"I want to make sure to set a few things Straight.
The first thing that stood out to me was when you  associated the word pretty with the word small. Sometimes, healthy bodies aren't tiny. For years, I looked very much like a gymnast. Then, I started developing a lot (and I do mean a lot) of muscle. After four intense years of struggling with my own image, I have come to realize that what is healthy for others May not be healthy for me. I need a lot of fuel, and in my life, it means not being a size two. Please remember during your weight-loss journey that you may never be as small as you once were and that this doesn't constitute as a failure. When you embark on this journey, please do it for yourself and not for the image you once had or wish you had now. That is so important, because being cute, pretty, sexy, or beautiful isn't exclusive to being big or small.
The second is that, If given the opportunity, your body will let you know what it needs and what it doesn't. It will let you know when it is hungry and when it no longer needs food. It will let you know when it is tired and when it has enough energy to do an extra lap. It will let you know if it has been overworked to the extreme and when it just has a healthy burn. Take time to listen. Each and everyone of these methods for weight-loss are highly individualized based on what your body needs.
Beyond this, people in this conversation, particularly Joe, have said everything I otherwise would. As someone who has been where you are now, I will be cheering you on every step of the way.
Best of luck, beautiful.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone