[nabs-l] blindsquare vs seeing eye gps

Joe Orozco jsoro620 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:19:35 UTC 2016

Hi, I hadn't really seen anyone speak up in favor of the Seeing Eye
GPS app. That kind of bums me out, because I was hoping someone could
justify the cost. Honestly, I feel like the only blind guy who missed
the memo on the wow factor with BlindSquare. I find the app more
annoying than helpful and fully confess this could be user idiocy.
Like, I just want the damn thing to tell me the next cross street. I
would like it to give some sort of audible indication when I'm
pointing the phone in the right direction of my intended destination
as is true of apps like WhereTo and Ariadne. As things stand, I get
more information than I need, and even after configuring the settings
to what I think I want, I feel as though the app picks and chooses
when to actually be helpful. Again, this could just be me being a
moron, so if any current users have suggestions on how to make the app
more beneficial, I'd love to hear from you. The Seeing Eye app seems
more streamlined, but I hesitate to throw down seventy on what I can
currently accomplish with two apps. Still, I'm willing to be persuaded
if for no other reason than to keep things straighter in my navigation
needs.

Thanks in advance,

Joe