[nabs-l] New year, new leadership; and we need your help!

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:20:19 UTC 2016

Hi Shikha,

I'm not sure that publicizing your complaints against the current state student president is the best way to go about generating support. Don't get me wrong. I don't like entitled leaders any more than anyone else, but there are more effective, and diplomatic, ways of voicing your concerns. If you've already tried talking to the student president, perhaps it would be worth taking your concerns to the affiliate president or someone on the affiliate board with whom you feel comfortable. Assuming none of that works, I would volunteer to spearhead the kind of changes you would like to see in your state. Actually, I would probably do that regardless. It would show your dedication to the cause regardless of your position as the state division's leader. If your work ethic is solid, people will notice, and it won't necessarily matter if your speech was great or not. Please don't take this as a lecture. I personally love mavericks, but even mavericks have to follow some decorum. I hope you'll take this as constructive advice.

Best,

Joe

--
Musings of a Work in Progress: