[nabs-l] German Teen Losing Vision

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:03:00 UTC 2016

Hi there everyone,

I'd like to seek some advice from my federation friends.

I run a blindness blog on Tumblr, and today, A 15-year-old in Germany reached out to me about losing their vision. I helped them quite a lot and gave them some information about the Federation, as well as a lot of information about training centers. But it wasn't until after this that they told me they are in Germany, so I am not sure how else to help. They sounded extremely interested in all of this, especially about training, but I don't know about anything like what we have here internationally. Does anybody know if there is quality training available in Germany or another place nearby, or something else we can do for them? I am hoping to find international resources, or perhaps someway to send them to one of our summer programs, but I am on sure how any of that would work.

If anybody has any information on this or knows of somebody that might be a better person to talk to, please let me know!

Ellana Crew, Secretary
Maryland Association of Blind Students