[nabs-l] Readers

Muzamil Ibrahim muzamil.yahya at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 01:33:03 UTC 2016

Anna , I only used the reader once in my statistics class because Disability
Services failed to keep its promise to get me the braille book for the
course. I found that reader through Tutoring Center. I went there for
several days to work with different tooters and found one who worked well
for me. When I was with my reader, I often wrote concepts, visual
descriptions, or sometimes recorded as the reader read to me. I also used
the sketchpad. It helped me with drawing raised graphic pictures, which
enabled me to get more out of the course.
Before I sat with the reader, I read books with my JAWS several times, and
mark when I did not understand the visual concept and, mostly, bring those
to the table. I did not only rely on my reader for that period of the
semester, but I worked with my classmates. We sometimes studied together
after class and caught up with the class that way.

Happy to share so please feel free to connect, Muzamil,