[nabs-l] Responses requested; thank you in advance!

NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:32:53 UTC 2016

Fellow students,

Please join me in reading the below message from our national president, Mr. Mark Riccobono. I, along with our National Federation of the Blind leaders, thank you in advance for your comments, as it is incredibly important for all of us to share.

Comments Needed on Web Access:

As you know, the Department of Justice (DOJ) has issued a Supplemental Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (SANPRM) on the question of whether technical standards for web accessibility under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are needed to enable people with disabilities to access the services, programs, and activities offered on state and local government websites. The answer, of course, is yes; we need technical standards, and we need your help to make it happen. Please use the webform, https://nfb.org/titleiisanprm/comments, to submit your comments to DOJ. For technical assistance, please contact Kyle Walls at kwalls at nfb.org <mailto:kwalls at nfb.org> .

Best,

Kathryn Webster

President | National Association of Blind Students

Nabs.president at gmail.com <mailto:Nabs.president at gmail.com>

203-273-8463

Students.nfb.org