[nabs-l] NABS Brochure

Helga Schreiber helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:15:43 UTC 2016

Hi Cricket adn all! How are you all? In answering Cricket's question! I join the NABS list in order to learn from all of you guys! I became part of this list in 2011 when I started college! This list help me a lot with school and so on. And the way you guys help me was in many ways. One of the  ways you guys help pme was with advocating! when I was in my college, I actually advocated for my rights as a blind  student in getting my materials in Braille.  Yes, for me braille was important in studying when I started college.  I actually started learning how   to use the  computer with JAWS in 2011 when I was 19 yer sold. I lost my sight when I was 16 year old. When I lost my sight, the first they taught me was braille, not technology since I didnot even knew what technology was. I was born in Peru,and I speak spanish. And unfortunately Peru  does  not really provide the help like United States does in helping visually impaired student or blind student.  And even though it provided some help it was not  enough. I was born with low vision problems adn then my sight went  deteriorating. I came to the uNited States when I was 12 years  old, but i did not know about the NFB untill I was 20 yers old guys! I'm so glad I find this list! I'm partof the FABS student divisionand I'm going  to be come soon parto NABS  division.  Now I'm currently attending FAU and I'm doing my Bachelor in English since I'm doing an English major. And Perhaps I'm planning in doing a minor in Political Science. I'm persuing after graduationg from My Bachelor going to LaW school and become a Lawyer in order to advocate for others! Yes, I still ahve a long way to go! It  will be great If  some who is studying Law here  can contact me off list,and  help me with soem questions that  I have in regards of the  LSAT and other questions related to the legal profession.  So I want to Support the NFB in whatever I can guys. I look forward in hearing  from you soon. Thanks and God bless!

Helga Schreiber

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950
Email: helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Skype: helga.schreiber26
INT Website: http://int4life.com/

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Sent from my iPhone 6S running IOS 9.3.2