[nabs-l] SAT/ACT

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:47:20 UTC 2016

Nesma, I've taken the ACT four times and the PSAT once. The
difference in the tests ir primarily in the way they're written.
In the ACT, you start off with an English section, then move to a
reading section, then Math, then science. The SAT switches
around. It has a math, then an english, then another math. The
SAT sections are shorter though. I've noticed (and this by means
applies across the board) that schools in the south tend to take
the ACT while those in the north and west tend to go for the SAT.
A lot of schools now accept both, so you can just choose which
style you prefer. I preferred the style of the ACT, because my
brain didn't like switching rapidly between subjects. The main
reason I took the PSAT my junior year was because if you score
high enough on that test, you can potentially win a National
Merit scholarship. Hope this helps.

Sophie