[nabs-l] Question about SSI

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 6 11:54:47 UTC 2016

Hi Elizabeth,

Wow.  I never knew that you were required to pay rent with Social
Secuy.  I'm not  required to do this.   Do yink that this may
have changed from when you applied to when I did? Or does it
depend on the state? I still get the full amount of SSI benefits
even though I'm at the training center and have my parent's
address as my address for  Social Security.  I live in NY.
Also, I have always been fine; my Social Security office has
never confronted me about what I do with my checks, and never
told me anything about being required to pay rent.  Like you, I
also transfer my monthly  benefits to my parent's   bankccount so
that they would have  enough money to pay for what they need.

Thanks,

Sami