[nabs-l] Meet Maureen Nietfeld From The Colorado Center For The Blind And More On Tonight's Special Blind Side On KJSC Radio

David Dunphy discoduck221 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 19:01:41 UTC 2016

Greetings All!
With the normal host, Chris Nusbaum out, a very unique and exciting
Blind Side Radio show awaits you tonight on KJSC Radio, starting at 7
PM eastern (6 central, 5 mountain, 4 pacific).
Life can bring to us, whether we're blind or sighted, many struggles
and challenges. It's important to not let those challenges bring us
down or kill our confidence.
In Hour 1, we'll be listening to an interview I did with Maureen
Nietfeld from The Colorado Center For The Blind
http://www.cocenter.org
Hear about her unusual story, from her genetic disorder that caused
her to go through 30 plus surgeries, to her exciting adventures in
teaching, fitness, and setting the record straight about stereotypes
and bad ideas people have about the blind and what we can do. We'll
even get a look into what it's like to teach at the center and what
the students must to do to graduate her class there.

Then in Hour 2, Jordy Stringer will be taking over, speaking with Ron
Brown and JJ from Blind Bargains.

This is sure to be an exciting and informative two hours, and you're
welcome to tune in!
During the show, questions can be sent via twitter at
kjscradio
using the hash tag
kjsclive
Via skype at
kjsc.radio
or by telephone at
602-399-7279

Tuning in is easy to do too. Simply head on over to
http://onj.me/kjscradio
Search for KJSC Radio in the tune-in app, or for additional listening
choices, go to
http://kjscradio.com/classic/radio.php

A recording of the show or just the two interviews will be made
available after the show airs. If anyone is interested in a copy of
the interview, please contact me at
discoduck221 at gmail.com
and a link will be sent to you.
I hope you'll join us for what should be a fun, unique, and
informative Blind Side Show.