[nabs-l] Opportunity to Help with Positive Blindness Research at Convention

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:58:34 UTC 2016

Fellow Students:

Please see the below announcement from Johns Hopkins University regarding a
study they are conducting in partnership with our Jernigan Institute. As
convention approaches, they are in need of many more interested participants
in order to make their research successful. So, if you meet the criteria
listed below, I would urge you to contact the lab to schedule your
appointment in Orlando. I hope you will take this opportunity to earn a
little money while supporting research which seeks to portray blindness in
an accurate and positive light!

See you in Orlando,

Chris

Johns Hopkins University Research Opportunity in Orlando

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab, Department of Psychological and
Brain  Science, at Johns Hopkins University invites participants to take
part in research studies at the NFB convention this year. The studies
involve listening to sentences, listening to tones, reading Braille and
answering questions. The goal of this research is to better understand how
visual and non-visual experiences contribute to cognition.

There are several studies available. You can choose to participate in one or
more of these studies. Each study takes around 1-2 hours and participants
are compensated $30 per hour for participating. Prior to scheduling a study
appointment we ask that you complete a pre-screening interview over the
phone to see whether you qualify.

Among the qualification criteria, participants must be congenitally and
totally blind and between the ages of 18-50. The screening interview takes
between 15 to 30 minutes. Those who take part in the screening interview
will receive a $15 Amazon gift certificate.

To find out if you qualify and to sign up for study appointment please
contact us by either calling (410) 870-9895 or emailing
plasticity_lab at jhu.edu <mailto:plasticity_lab at jhu.edu>

Chris Nusbaum, President

Maryland Association of Blind Students

Board Member, National Association of Blind Students

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com <mailto:dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com>

Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @nabslink

expectations for blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you bak.