[nabs-l] Nfb internship program

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:58:03 UTC 2016

I don't know what the rules are for Canadian applicants. I imagine you
would probably still be eligible with the right visa, but Anil can
tell you for sure about that. You may want to try calling him at the
national center: 410-659-9314.

When I was there we stayed in the courtyard rooms which are like
spacious dorm rooms (furnished single rooms). We had to buy groceries
and prepare our own meals using their kitchen facilities. There's a
grocery store in walking distance or a short cab ride away.
There is typically a group of interns there at the same time (in my
summer we had six). The interns socialized together a lot during free
time. We also socialized with some of the young adult staff. You are,
of course, free to explore the city on your own too. The inner harbor
is close by and is a fun place to hang out.
When I was there, public transit was OK but not great. We used a lot
of cabs. It may have gotten better since I was there.
Best, Arielle