[nabs-l] Research Participant Recruitment - Online Survey - Win $50.00 (last reminder)

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:59:36 UTC 2016

Hello Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message. As a blind person I
believe there are other factors in my life that impact my intention to be
active, attitudes toward activity, and perceived control of being active. it
seems to me that your study is neither willing to include or exclude any of
these factors in your research. Therefore, I am not quite sure how any
conclusions can be made based solely on blindness on intention to be active,
attitudes toward activity, and perceived control of being active when other
factors are neither included or excluded from your study.

If blindness is not being isolated from other factors that impact what is
being measured , then how will you know that blindness is the factor that is
measured in your results, and not the result of some other factor that is
simply a part of a blind person's life? For example, if a blind person also
has a physical condition that causes chronic physical pain, how will you
know the results from your study stem from the fact this person is blind
rather than someone who experiences chronic physical pain? It seems to me
that both of these factors would impact a person's intention to be active,
attitudes toward activity, and perceived control of being active. Based on
what I understand about your research, I am not quite sure how your study
would be able to tell the difference between two different factors such as
blindness and chronic physical pain.

Warm regards,

Elizabeth