[nabs-l] Serious problem with my iPhone 5S

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 12 04:31:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

So I'm having a pretty major problem with my iPhone 5S.  Don't
worry, though.  This has nothing to do with the phone crashing or
freezing, but rather a storage issue.

The other afternoon, while I was charging my phone, it was first
off due to the battery percentage being nearly 0%.  When the
phone came back on, VoiceOver launched using a different voice
than I use.  I normally use Alex, but that time it started up
with Samantha, which I believe is the default rotor voice for
American English.  This is the first part of the problem, since
when the phone shut off automatically, it has always remained at
Alex.  Anyway, I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to
delete Alex and re-install him.  However, although the
re-installation was successful, I got a message saying that the
storage was almost full.  I believe that that's probably because
the file for Alex is one of the biggest on the Iphone (869 M.G).
and probably larger than any apps.  I deleted a few apps that I
don't really use, but when I did that, it was still a lot less
space than it was previously.  Before the deletion, my phone was
at 0 bytes, and afterwords, it was only at 14 megabytes.  I'm
really concerned because, even though I can use my phone, I'm
afraid that I can't install any more apps.  So I have two
questions for you guys: 1.  Is there any way to make it so that
my phone is at its original storage space from when I deleted
Alex? 2.  Is there any way to make it so that Alex is your
default language and dialect as well as the default rotor
language? If not, what can I do to change the voice from Samantha
back to Alex in case this problem happens again? I thought I
might have changed voices with the rotor before, but haven't
realized how I did it.

For the first question, I am considering backing up my phone to
iTunes on my windows computer, but am worried that if I do that,
I will loose all of my apps, music, and settings that I changed.

I hope that you can help me to solve this rather frustrating
issue.

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend,

Sami

Pdds.  I appologize in advance for going off-topic, but I just
received my grade for my first test for my college class as part
of my blindness training that I took last week.  I got a 94.

Thanks again.