[nabs-l] NFB of IL Picnic in the Park

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:19:11 UTC 2016

Hey, to all you students in IL (or who would like to visit our state), the
NFB of IL is hosting our second "Picnic in the Park" affilliate fundraiser
on Saturday June 4th at Tom Madonia Park in Springfield IL. We will have
lots of food to choose from, pontoon rides on lake Springfield, and a fun
time with other blind people from across IL. Anyone is welcome to come, but
please make your reservation with our treasurer, Patti Chang at
pattischang at gmail.com by June 1, cost is $30 (please make checks payable to
NFBI).

Feel free to spread the word, and I hope to see you there (btw, the text of
our flyer with details is pasted below my signature).
-Glenn Moore III
​

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Presents ___
“Picnic in the Park

Join us for Fellowship and Fun
June 4, 2016, 11am-4pm

Everyone is encouraged to attend,

invite your family, friends, co-workers and employees

On June 4, 2016 the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois will host
a picnic at Tom Madonia Park East; Lake Springfield, Illinois.

* Menu: Hamburgers, Brats; grilled on site, Mostaccioli, Baked Beans,
Macaroni Salad, dessert,  Tea and Lemonade. BYOB*

* Boat rides provided by the Rogers on their 24’ pontoon boat. *

* Door prizes; 50/50 drawing*

* Anyone who plays a musical instrument is encouraged to bring it along.*

The Chang’s and the Reif’s will operate a shuttle service from the Amtrak
station in Springfield to the park. The train leaves Chicago at 7am arrives
in Springfield around 10:30am. Leaves Springfield at 4:56 arrives back in
Chicago around 8:30pm. Anyone interested should contact Bill Rief
217-801-2996.

Cost: $30.00 per person

Deadline: June 1, 2016; Please make checks payable to NFBI and send To:
Treasurer Patti S Chang, 6919 W Berwyn Av, Chicago, IL 60656

Contact: Jess Rogers……217-629-7023 Bill Rief 217-801-2996

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is a 50,000-member organization
that works to insure the full participation of blind people in all aspects
of society.

For more information on NFB go to www.nfb.org.  For more information on our
Illinois Affiliate of NFB, go to www.nfbofillinois.org.
​