[nabs-l] Lower Stamina

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 03:09:03 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am wondering if anyone else here has realized that their endurance level/stamina is a lot lower than that of their sighted counterparts. More specifically, whenever I have taken up an activity that requires high levels of stamina, such as swimming, running or dancing, I have realized that I run out of breath and feel tired a lot sooner than my able-bodied counterparts.
On deeper scrutiny, I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I never played any outdoor sports as a child, owing to my impairment, so I've never had the opportunity to build the same level of stamina as others.
I am wondering if your own experience bears this out and what you have done to address this in a meaningful way.

Best,
Rahul